Introduce myself and other stuff

jcayrbp

I introduce myself, my name is Juan Carlos and I live in Argentina.
Working in IT infrastructure and have some knowledge of electronics.
Very little in programming, some C and not much more.
My English is not very good, but my wife helps me about it. (She's not home right now, so the google translate is helping me on this :lol: )
I am interested in everything related to home automation and IoT, I liked the idea of ​​this solution.
It would be good that the CORE module runs on a Raspberry Pi to be a well portable solution but occupying a small space.
I do not like the idea that runs in the cloud, especially if there is the possibility of integrating with video and may suffer a robbery by opening a door remotely. It is very dangerous, especially here in Argentina.
Which of the modules ESP8266 recommend to work? Given that desire in one module handle two or three lights.
I like the idea of ​​replacing my keys light in my house, but I would like to be able to at least maintain manual control buttons.
I see many leds in the examples used in the GPIOs that could be tapped to handle more switches and relays.
I also like to be able to dim the lights rather than just on and off.
One thing I found is not yet in the system if there is the possibility of creating scenes to make it more friendly. For example set the scene "go to sleep" and turn off all lights, or "movie mode" and that the TV and the media center and also turns off all the lights.
I would like the portal and mobile applications also have the Spanish language, I could work on it with my wife.
pzygmunt

Hi.
My english is far from perfect but I'm hope we will understand each other.
Everyone who wants to run SUPLA without cloud can do this. Only need to is run the own SUPLA server in local environment e.g on Raspberry PI.
Regarding to ESP8266 you can use any version having minimum 512KB flash. At this moment practically all available version on the market you can use.
It is the very early stage of project development but I plan to add additional functionality like "scenes" and "schedulers". I would be glad when you help us with project translation to Spanish language. Translation dictionaries you can find here:

CLOUD:
https://github.com/SUPLA/supla-cloud/bl ... ges.de.yml
https://github.com/SUPLA/supla-cloud/bl ... ors.de.yml

ANDROID:
https://github.com/SUPLA/supla-android/ ... trings.xml

iOS:
https://github.com/SUPLA/supla-ios/blob ... VC.strings
https://github.com/SUPLA/supla-ios/blob ... le.strings

Feel free to join the team!
Best regards
KresoMat

Hi,
Im Kresho, Pula, Croatia,
my english is so-so, but polish even worst :)
Im electronician, working in cadsoft Eagle pcb designer, working in
PicBasic PRO often too, and making decorative electronic controller for smart pixels.... ok that's for work, but
I'm in loved in smart house systems, i never had time to make some smarthouse system @ my home,
already few year wires waiting me, wife are already angry that never get normal led-downlight switch,
instead have to tap weird buttons to make led lit....
ok, i saw Supla site and had to test it....
my raspberry1 connected, (esp modules will connect soon)
question; can someone point me to howto link what can i change in pi@raspberrypi /etc/supla-dev $ cat supla.cfg ?? (more gpio?, cust.icons?)
q2 : my iphone app cant logint with credential which work well on android... only blinking, kind-off load unload fast...
ok other questions i will shut out of introduce section... to not contaminate introduce, respond to private-mail, so we can go elsewhere..
regards!!
pzygmunt

Hi,

a1: You can set additional channels if you want (additional GPIO's). You can change channel function at cloud.supla.org (then icon will changed).
Please describe what you exactly need
a2: please update iOS to the latest version
nicolassdiaz

Hi all,
My name is Nicolas, I am an electronic technician and since more than 8 year I am working as SysAdmin with many technologies. I am very interested in IoT tecnologies and I would like to help you to build an Home Automation Ecosystem.

Please let me know how I can help.

Thanks.
pzygmunt

Hi, It depend of your skills :)
In which areas you can/want help us ?

There is many work to do.

Software development
Electronics design
Helping others user
Project promotion in your country
Translations
etc..
nicolassdiaz

Hi Paul,

I can help with anything related to Electronics, bash scripts , bugs reports, some simple coding in java ( I never work in a complex proyect for now I run you android app locally on my desktop with Android Studio )

and of course with:
Helping others user
Project promotion in your country
Translations

For now run supla sd image on my raspberry pi. Then I will try with your firmware for the ESP8266.
pzygmunt

OK, I waiting for your feedback

Return to “General discussion”