Server setup step by step

TMSer

Strange thing is that devices connect to it ok. I have a ESP gate module online right now.
alv

I am working on scripts for auto provisioning. Should support multiple distribution like debian, ubuntu. Not only for automated installation, but the latest software downloaded directly from github. All you have to do is log in via ssh. This require python on supla server and python on client (with pip install ansible)
TMSer

Well the server is installed but dont know why the app is not connecting to it. It just says connecting forever.
alv

Use debug mode:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/supla-server
/usr/sbin/supla-server -D
TMSer

Way over me. Have no idea on how to debug this.
Thx anyway.
I hope you will have the script ready soon :)

As i will have a lot of devices and need the server closer to me so everything happens fast.

Currently im trying to install virtualbox on my ubuntu cloud server so i can run the VM on the download site of supla.

EDIT:

IT must be something with the app. I just tried a server on my local network. The app will not connect to a ip on my local network.
pzygmunt

Teamviewer ?
TMSer

sent a pm
TMSer

Lol i quit. Everything i tried did not work. Virtual Box VM, Raspberry pi image, and a custom installation on a cloud platform does not work.

Its one problem every time. Android app will not connect to the server. Devices connect ok or at least 1 that i tried. I tried others and they connected
but they start disabled. At least that is what the serial terminal says for my ESP. For some reason when they start that way i cant see them in the Supla cloud devices tab.

So thx pzygmunt for the time to help me get my server running on my cloud host but this is too much for me and im afraid of it going down or not working for some reason.

I have over 25 devices ready to setup with Supla, too bad i cant get it to work.
pzygmunt

yesterday i was offline. we can check your devices today via teamviewer
TMSer

Sent you a pm

Return to “Help”